Tufat's Assault Group

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: With great saddness  (Read 5659 times)

Delta1TAG

• Admin
With great saddness
« on: April 12, 2007, 11:42:48 AM »

I sit here today typing out something I wish not to do .

It is with great sadness that I come here as a Tagger today to bring sad news to you all. I do wish it was different .

I do not know how to say this so please bear with me please.

I bring you sad news about a Tagger that has given his life to defend a people and to bring peace to the people of Afghanistan . He had a job to do and did it with great pride .

Master Corporal Allan Stewart ( Dr.Evil ) of The Royal Canadian Dragoons on his second tour of duty to Afghanistan ,was killed yesterday morning while on a reconnaissance patrol enroute to rescue another Coyote crew that had been hit.

He leaves behind wife Christa and two children .

http://txpgone3d.com/viewthread.php?tid=212 TXP Forum has a post from Christa.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 03:09:41 AM by Venus »

Venus

• TAG PA
  • Admin
  • Snr. Member
    • Tufat's Assault Group
Re: With great saddness
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 12:01:26 PM »

lost for words......

Will be thinking for his wife and family and if theres anyway we can make a donation to paypal to then pass on to his wife to use for herself or kids or give to charity etc please shout.... or even to get flowers etc.

Will miss him... such a great guy... and always had time for everyone...

Rest in Peace Allan

Evilintions

• TAG Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 12:09:38 PM »

A man that has touched us and will be surly missed. My heart goes out to the family. He was one I do wish I had a chance to meet in person.
The donation to pay pal is a great idea.

Insomniac~TAG

• TAG Member
    • My QT
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 12:13:48 PM »

I write this in tears as I will miss a good friend and out chats on MSN. He will be missed right through the community for all his work and support he did in all areas.

My thoughts go out to all his family and friends.

Any thing I can do I will.

Q-dad~TAG

• The Rocketeer
  • Admin
  • DF2 Forever!
    • TXP
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 12:31:23 PM »

I'm speechless. It's only 10 days since I wished him a safe mission the night before he was heading back there. This was going to be his last mission abroad, he told me only a few weeks ago. Allan was my best internet friend, and I will miss him deeply. He was the most giving person I've ever encountered on the net, and if you've seen his contribution to the DF community in the different forums out there, you'll start to understand what kind of person he was. My deepest condolences go to his wife Christa and 2 children.
TXP (Terrain Xpansion Pack) for DF2: txp.df2.org

BladeRES

• SayLaVe Paige
  • Admin
  • Just Completed Guildwars NightFall Yay
    • Blade's Myspace Page
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 01:30:50 PM »

I just don't know what to say.....

Like most of you I was speaking to him just a few weeks ago. Today is a very sad day.

The Doc will be missed and never forgotten

Pictures paint a thousand words,
But the right words can paint a thousand pictures  ;)
MySpace
FaceBook

Cyborg

• TAG Member
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 01:32:59 PM »

I am very saddened about the news. I don't know what to say. My thoughts go out to Christa & kids and his family.

string

• Technical Support
  • Admin
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 02:15:19 PM »

It is a very sad day, we wil miss doc and my deepest condolences are with Christa, his children and family. 
Behind every great man is an even greater women and the following words hold true.

The Military Wife

The good Lord was creating a model for military wives and was into his sixth day of overtime when an angel appeared. She said," Lord, you seem to be having a lot of trouble with this one. What's wrong with the standard model?"

The Lord replied," Have you seen the specs on this order? She has to be completely independent, possess the qualities of both mother and father, be a perfect hostess for four to 40 with an hour notice, run on black coffee, handle every emergency imaginable without a manual, be able to carry on cheerfully, even if she is pregnant and has the flu, and she must have six pair of hands."

The angel shook her head. "Six pair of hands? No way!"
The Lord continued. "Don't worry, we will make other military wives to help her. And we will give her an unusually strong heart so it can swell with pride in her husbands achievements, sustain the pain of separation, beat soundly when it is overworked and tired, and be large enough to say, "I understand" when she doesn't and "I love you" regardless.
"Lord," said the angel, touching his arm gently, "Go to bed and get some rest. You can finish this tomorrow."

"I can't stop now," Said the Lord. "I am so close to creating something unique. Already this model heals herself when she is sick, can put up six unexpected guests for the weekend, wave good-bye to her husband from a pier, a runway or a depot, and understand why it's important that he leave."
The angel circled the model of the military wife, looked at it
closely and sighed.

"It looks fine, but it's too soft."
"She may look soft," replied the Lord, "but she had the strength of a lion. You would not believe what she can endure."
Finally, the angel bent over and ran her finger across the cheek of the Lord's creation. "There's a leak," she announced. "Something is wrong with the construction. I'm not surprised that it has cracked. You are trying to put too much into this model."

The Lord appeared offended at the angel's lack of confidence. "What you see is not a leak," he said. "It's a tear."
"A tear? What is it there for?" asked the angel.
The Lord replied, "It's for joy, sadness, pain, disappointment, loneliness, pride and dedication to all the values that she and her husband hold dear."
"You are a genius!" exclaimed the angel.
The Lord looked puzzled and replied, "I didn't put it there."

Author Unknown

Rest in peace Allan you will missed but not forgotten.

British/Micky

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 03:16:27 PM »

hope his family are ok

and hope that Doc rest's in peace and i don't think TAG will be the same without Dr evil has he gave Df2 life when he played in TW but it is a sad day for Tag and his wife and hope you all are ok

Sorry to hear the bad news

51R-Ghost

• "666th Black Brigade"
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007, 03:44:12 PM »

Very sad news, my thoughts are with his wife and children.

If we at the 666th can donate, please let us know where.

Great men are never forgotten, they remain in our hearts and minds.

smalldogTAG

• TAG Member
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2007, 01:41:11 AM »

Oh man, you read the papers, hear the news, watch the news, it all kind of blurs into one big pile of doggie doo.  Only when it involves someone you know personally does it really strike home what a crappy world we live in sometimes. 

My deepest condolences to Christa, the children and Allan's family and friends.

R.I.P. Doc, you will be missed sorely.

Jetreaction

• TAG Member
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2007, 04:08:06 AM »

Rest in peace.

snypa-nx-

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2007, 06:01:32 PM »

Thoughts and prayers are with him and his family at this time.

Paul Naida
Saint John, NB Canada

bubbynutz

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2007, 12:36:30 AM »

I'm sorry to hear about what happened to Dr. Evil. I feel so bad for his family. Allen was an awesome guy. I always admired his committment to TAG, and to the rest of our gaming community. Every once in a while he'd give me a sneak peek at some of the things he was working on for DF2, or his own games. Amazing what he could do.

Fast Eddie

• TAG Member
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2007, 03:29:21 PM »

Sorry to hear about Doc.  Our thoughts and prayers will be with him and his family.
Pages: [1] 2